In order for your application to receive messages, you need to establish a URL to which Redox can POST. We call this a Destination record.
Configuring Your Destination
A Destination is how you receive data from your integrated partners through Redox.
There are 7 steps to configuring a Destination:
- When logged into your organization on Redox, select Destinations from the side nav.
- Create a Destination for your Organization.
- Name your Destination.
- This is the name your data sharing partners will see when you have live integrations, so err on the side of being specific.
- After entering a name, you will be directed to your Destination’s Settings page.
- Select the appropriate “Environment Type”.
- If you’re just getting started, your only option will be “Development”.
- If you are working with us, you will be able to select “Staging” or “Production”. In order to create a Staging or Production Destination contact: email@example.com
- Select appropriate Data Format.
- This is the format in which your destination will receive data. For our digital health application partners, this will almost always be JSON.
- Establish your Endpoint.
- This is the URL that you expose for Redox to POST to.
- Refer to the following pages for more detail on how to setup your Destination endpoint.
- Set a Verification Token.
- We will send this in the ‘verification-token’ field of the HTTP request header.
- It is included in every request Redox makes to your endpoint.
- This is how you can ensure the communication is coming from Redox.
- Click Verify and Save.
- This will send a special POST request to your endpoint to verify you are listening.
- You will receive a “Success!” response when things are setup properly.